The Hands-on Museum
Guided tours for children
Discovery tour for children of 5000 years of media history at the German Museum of Books and Writing of the German National Library: together we go on a voyage of discovery including tally sticks, books of wax tablets, stone drums or tablets - taking a look behind the scenes and opening the doors of the cool place where the museum objects are kept.
In addition to the general tours of the permanent and temporary exhibitions, the German Museum of Books and Writing also offers themed tours such as "Codierte Welten", "Buchgeschichte zum Anfassen" or "Zensurfälle in der Buchgeschichte".
Information and reservation:
Phone: +49 341 2271-324
Information German Museum of Books and Writing
- Clay tablets - Scrolls - Codices: How old are our books?
- Children's books throughout history
- Paper folding
- Matchstick men and flip books: a serious guide to a fun topic
- Child's play with paper: Paper and papier-mâché
- The art of calligraphy
- From papyrus to paper
- Nature printing
- Home-made decorated paper
- From pages to books: A step-by-step guide to bookbinding
- 24 dots and dashes: Chinese script
- Black on white: book printing
- The Book of Books: The Bible
- The medieval book
- The book city of Leipzig
- Short history of handwriting
- Typography: The ABC of typefaces
- How are book illustrations made?
- Family Sunday
- Creative workshop
- Holiday programme
- Museum Trunk
- Welcome! The Hands-on Museum
- Creative programme for the over-60s
- Guided tours for children
Last update: 23.6.2017