DP4lib - Digital Preservation for Libraries
Based on the technical and other results of the kopal project, the German National Library and the Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen (SUB) collaborated with other partners on the DP4lib project to create a long-term preservation infrastructure which offers maximum usability and flexibility. A technical infrastructure and also the service and operating models necessary for establishing long-term preservation services were set up. Furthermore, a cost model was devised for this project; this was used to calculate the costs of the new services.
The experienced gained was crystallised into a manual which can be used for subsequent projects or for institutions setting up a digital long-term digital archiving system.
The project also spawned a further project: DP4lib-Engaged. The aims of this are to integrate the project results from DP4lib in the online publication procedures of the German National Library and also to expand the existing catalogue of services for long-term digital preservation.
- German National Library
- Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen (SUB)
- Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg (BSZ)
- German Institute for International Educational Research (DIPF)
- Head Office of the Union Library Network (VZG)
- Saxon State and University Library Dresden (SLUB)
- German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB)
- Thüringer Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Jena (ThULB)
December 2009 - February 2012
http://dp4lib.langzeitarchivierung.de (available only in German)
Last update: 26.10.2012