Europeana DSI 4
The goal of the entire undertaking is to back up the core services offered by the “Europeana Digital Service Infrastructure” (Europeana DSI) during the term of the project, thus facilitating online access to Europe’s heritage of culture and knowledge. The project will largely comprise the development and operation of the Europeana platform and the portal based on it (Europeana Collections). As a platform, the Europeana DSI provides access to the amalgamated, prepared data of various target groups in the education, research and creative business sectors. The general public is specifically addressed through the European Collections and their theme-based access portals.
In terms of content, the project is based on Europeana's current business plan and Strategy 2020.
Within the framework of this project, the German National Library is focusing the majority of its activities on the realisation of Metis, the new tool for implementing and managing transformation and ingest processes. The German National Library is also involved in the relaunch of Europeana Newspapers, a special section of the Europeana Collections portal, and the further development of cutting-edge technologies for the provision and use of high-resolution images (particularly IIIF [The IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework) is used to define a series of application programming interfaces (API) that facilitate standardised access to and the utilisation of digital images and associated information through the internet ]. The DNB operates the service centre of the German Digital Library (DDB). It has been involved with the DSI consortium since 2017.
The consortium that will be operating and developing the Europeana DSI for the duration of the project consists of 24 partners. It is coordinated by the Europeana Foundation.
- o Stichting Europeana (EF)
- AIT Angewandte Informationstechnik Forschungsgesellschaft mbH (AIT-Graz)
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (AIT-Vienna)
- Archives Portal Europe Foundation (APEF)
- Athena Research and Innovation Center in Information Communication and Knowledge Technologies (AthenaRC)
- The British Library Board (BL)
- Connecting Archaeology and Architecture in Europe (CARARE)
- CLARIN ERIC
- Stichting Digitaal Erfgoed Nederland (DEN)
- German Film Institute – DIF e. V. (DIF)
- German National Library (DNB)
- Europeana Fashion International Association (eFashion)
- EUN Partnership AISBL
- Euroclio European Association of History Educators
- Facts & Files Historical Research Institute Berlin (F&F)
- INESC-ID, Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores - Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa
- Stichting Nederland Kennisland
- James Lovegrove SPRL
- Michael Culture AISBL (MCA)
- Stichting Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (NISV)
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- International Consortium for Photographic Heritage Photoconsortium (PhotoCons)
- Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk – Poznańskie Centrum Superkomputerowo-Sieciowe (PSNC)
- Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation (SPK)
1 September 2018 to 31 August 2020
Last update: 28.09.2018